Last seen wearing red and golden leaves and cooler weather. Also answers to the name Autumn and is a fan of football and pumpkin pie. If seen, please return to Utah. We miss you. (Borrowed from my friend' Shawna's facebook post...except she was missing fall in El Paso.)
I think I've said before I don't have a favorite season. I love them all...but only when they're new. I love the seasons changing. I would get tired of the same season all the time. This year the seasons in Utah are confused. We had the longest spring ever. Summer didn't arrive until mid-July.
Now I'm seeing pumpkins everywhere, and neighbors are beginning to decorate their yards for Halloween. We had parent teacher conferences for jr. high and high school this week. Stores are selling Christmas items, yet it was 89 degrees outside today.
Tomorrow it will be October, and I'm looking forward to sweatshirt and sweater season.
I need fall.
And now (drumroll please) for some new friends... A few of you will be new to this blog today, visiting from Diapers and Divinity.
If you're new here, there are a few things you should know:
- My children amuse me, so yes, I blog about them.
- I also blog about any random thing that I might find fascinating, like abnormally warm fall weather.
- I started this blog about four years ago, when tragedy struck our family (see here).
- That means I also blog (sometimes through tears) about grief and loss. But you should know I also blog about healing, and I hope we communicate through our stories that the joy of healing is just as real as the pain of loss.
- I also blog about adoption, and since our two most recent adoptions are older children, I blog also about the bonding process involved, which can be both difficult and amazing.
- I also find myself blogging more and more about teenagers, since my adorable children are morphing daily into this phase of life.
So welcome, and for those who haven't met Stephanie at Diapers and Divinity, go visit! She has some amazing insights and ideas on the upcoming general conference for our church. I think I read last week that it is one of her favorite holidays. (See here and here for ideas and see here for the Find A Friend post featuring our family.)
And Happy Fall to everyone! With October just a few days away, colored leaves are sure to be right around the corner.