Monday, September 8, 2008

Must be crazy...


The kids brought home choir sign-up sheets today and I was very excited to see that the choir is being directed this year by one of Megan's friend's moms. Megan loves to sing and when she was in kindergarten she begged to join choir. Someone told me there were other kindergarteners who had been in choir if they had older siblings in the choir. Well, forget talking Nate into choir (although he did sign up this year in middle school). But I knew the teacher in charge of choir and volunteered to help out with signing kids in so Megan could sing a year early. Fast forward to 2008. If you know me you know where this is going... To make a long story short, I signed up to help again. I called the director and she asked me if I thought she was crazy for taking this on. I told her yes, and that I was crazy enough to call and help her. I said I was looking at the volunteer list and I was qualified for the non-musical positions. She laughed, but I think it will be fun... Then again, maybe you should ask me next month after we've been getting out the door by 7:00 a.m. every Wednesday and twice a week before performances! Megan and Joie both want to sign up, and Jeran said, "No thanks," and offered to get himself to school on time every Wednesday morning.

No comments: