Nate was up at 5:00 a.m and on the ice all day. He returned home (with dinner) 13 hours later...Yes, I was counting. Nate informed us the day was warmer than expected and the ice was cracking "only a little bit." The look of worry on my face prompted him to add, that the ice was only cracking around one of the other boys, not him . I felt sooooooooooo much better!
Now for the dirty work. He was hard at work for 2 hours. I think this is the first time he cleaned fish by himself, and only made one phone call to Tim. He actually found fish eggs inside one of the fish. If the camera is the lens to the outside world through the eyes of the photographer, the difference between my pictures and Jeran's pictures would speak volumes about what each of us appreciated about this experience. We're enforcing censorship for the first time in our familiy blog history, particularly for the sake of those who prefer not to view fish guts. Seems Megan and Joie fit in that category because they willingly vacated the kitchen for about 2 hours during the cleaning and prep of the fish. Nate took advantage of having the kitchen (and kitchen TV) to himself and watched his favorite show, Survivorman, on Discovery channel while cleaning fish. (Note to those who prefer a more intense look at cleaning a fish: You may contact Jeran for a look at this process through his eyes. Trust me, you'll get details.)

2 comments:
I love fish but I don't want to catch or clean them. I don't want any knowledge or reminder that what I'm eating was once living. I appreciate those who are willing to get their hands dirty and smelly though!
That is what keeps me from learning to fish. Way to go Nate...was it still tasty after all that nasty work?
Post a Comment