Thursday, May 7, 2009

Treasure Hunt


Today we got the news that we have a court date for Joie's adoption. While she was at ballet, the rest of the family planned a surprise party, starting with a treasure hunt for her to guess the big event.


She was lead around the house finding each member of the family one at a time. The last clue was to go to the calendar...


Adoption day...May 27th.


Her very own cake and it wasn't even her birthday! She said the family prayer tonight and said, "I'm thankful I could get adopted so I could get a cake."
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Shaye said...

beautiful, thanks so much for sharing!

Tawny said...

WOW, we are SO EXCITED for Joie! Not often does someone get to be part of Two amazing families. Ruth, Nick and Audrey will be so happy as well. What a blessing. And Joie, my Birthday is in May too, it is a month of wonders, that is for sure.

Heather said...

May will be quite the exciting month, won't it? And a treasure hunt to boot! What fun!!!

Susieq said...

I'm glad it's finally going to happen. You know I totally approve of this. She is so blessed to be in your family.

Esther said...

Sweet day! We're so excited too!
What a fun way to suprise her.

Mary said...

All the support we get makes me cry. Support is what has gotten us through this. We're happy this adoption is happening, but it's a bittersweet day. I can't even begin to express how buoyed up we feel from support.