This happens to be the only picture I captured of Joie on her birthday...
Happy #11 sweetheart!
The day was actually a lot of fun...
If you start the day with orange julius and chocolate cupcake batter you can't go wrong!
We then drove to Juniper to hang out with cousins for a party that night. Of the three cameras we own, none of them made it to Juniper with us. Thankfully Melissa captured some pictures on her camera which I'll post later.
Highlights of the day included:
- Pretzel Cake (cupcakes arranged in the shape of a pretzel...created by Megan, Joie and cousins).
- Being drenched in a downpour (while riding in the back of a grain truck).
- Pizza dinner (with fruit salad which was delicious but optional).
- Lighting her own birthday candles (took a few extra verses of the Happy Birthday song and some help from Uncle Ben to get it done but she did it).
- A sleepover with cousins on the trampoline (including attempts to jump from a swing set onto a trampoline using a blanket as a parachute).
What a "totally wicked" birthday!

2 comments:
I thought of you on your birthday Joie! Glad to hear is was such a special one.
We need to find a short cut to Juniper...we so would have been there to help you celebrate!
Sounds like your summer is as crazy (and by crazy, I mean perfect) as ours :)
Post a Comment