Monday, July 16, 2012

Eleven...

Every day we get to spend with Gabby is a gift.  Last night when we drove to Juniper to visit Nate, we took a few minutes to blow out candles with Gabby.  She is not a fan of cake, so she wanted a "watermelon cake."  

Happy Birthday Gabby Girl!
And when I say every day is a gift, I mean Gift, as in huge, out-of-our-hands, amazing Gift.

Sometimes I wonder how in the world we ever got to share our lives with this incredible girl.  Certainly the real-life series of unfortunate events that brought her here don't escape our attention.

She could still be surviving on the streets of India.

Really.

And she could have ended up anywhere...

But she's didn't end up just anywhere.  She's here.  

And we love her and love every day she makes us laugh and shares her amazing insights on life.  There's a lot of wisdom packed in this one little girl.

Did I say we love her?  (Jeran left at 6:00 a.m. for scout camp, but is coming home tonight to celebrate and go back again...  And before he left he came back inside and said, "Can you tell Gabby Happy Birthday for me, since I won't see her until tonight?"  Awwwwww.....  I'll have to remind myself of that next time they're fighting.)

All Gabby wanted for her birthday this year was a Real Salt Lake jersey and jacket, which she got, along with a ticket to an RSL game, which she's hoping to cash in soon.

And we got an ice cream cake tonight, because even though she doesn't like cake, she does like ice cream, and as much as she loves watermelon cake, she wasn't sure about watermelon cake two days in a row.

Happy Birthday Gabby!

No comments: