Saturday, January 8, 2011

Winter Fun

"Mom, I'm fluffy!"

She lost the scarf a few minutes later and never wears a coat unless she's playing in the snow.  When I tried to spot her in the sea of children leaving the elementary school the other day I started looking for kids who weren't wearing a jacket...and I found her!



Snow queens.

Joie likes Jeran's old coat because it's "fluffy," and with the hood up looks just like he used to look from the back.



Let it snow!



Jeran on December 31st, 2010
...waiting to eat his first piece of candy after a year of going candy and soda free to earn $100.00.  It was a happy moment when Tim counted that cash into his hand.



And as I type Gabby is testing out my new play therapy foam swords on sword fights with the boys...
And is giving them a good fight!  
(We watched Narnia:  Voyage of the Dawn Treader today.) 

This is what I'm hearing:  
Gabby:  I'm stronger than I look.  Ready, set, go!  
(swords clashing)
Nate:  Ok.  New rule.  No stabbing below the belt.
(hysterical laughter from all the girls)
Gabby:  Ready, set go.
(squeals and foam swords clashing)
Nate:  I got you.  If this was real life you'd be dead.
Gabby:  Nope.  I'm still here.
Nate:  At least your arm would be gone.
Gabby:  Nope.  It's still here.
(more foam sword clashing)
Gabby:  I wasn't ready!
Nate:  Well get ready.
Gabby:  Now I'm ready.
(swords clashing)
Gabby:  I got you!
Nate:  No, it's just a flesh wound...
(more swords clashing)
Gabby:  Mo-om...He's chasing me down the stairs!
Nate:  I'm just trying to teach you the tactics of basic hand-to-hand combat...

How many days until spring?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds fun!

Heather said...

Wow! I could not go a year without sweets but if I did those candies would NOT be my first splurge. ;)