Friday, July 8, 2011

Eat Mor Chikin

Did you know that if you dress up like a cow today and go to Chick-fil-a you get a free meal?

Free.

Really.

So on a boring Friday evening it sounded like the thing to do.

We don't eat fast food often...

And we eat at Chick-fil-a even less (the kids say one time before this).

But it was free.

So we made costumes...

Megan's friend and Gabby

The pink thing is her first attempt at an udder

Nate getting artistic with garbage bags
Megan and her friend helping each other with spots


Great nose!  But she didn't wear it to the restaurant.

Second attempt at an udder...she ended up leaving that part of her costume home

Make-up time
The whole time we were getting ready, Gabby was asking the funniest questions.

"If we're eating chicken, why are we dressing up like cows?"

We explained the Eat Mor Chikin ad campaign, but I think she has a hard time understanding why anyone would want to eat beef...unless it's on tacos or pizza.  She wanted to know if we could go to KFC instead of Chick-fil-a, because she likes the KFC chicken strips but hadn't ever tried Chick-fil-a chicken.

We laughed.

She didn't get it.

Then when I cut out the nose for her she said, "Are you trying to humiliate me?"


I think they used a whole tube of my mascara creating their own noses.

Then finally, everyone was ready to go...


Nate doesn't like drawing attention to himself, so I was a little surprised he was making this costume.  He  said it was for one of the girls, and he wouldn't wear it in public.  I told him I'd give him $30.00 if he'd wear it in the restaurant...the exact amount he wants for a new Airsoft gun...  He took me up on it.  (Apparently neither of us are above bribery.)


The ears were made of Jeran's Jack Skellington Mickey Mouse hat
Ordering free meals...

Joie had to have a tail.  If you look closely she has a piece of black trash bag stuffed in her back pocket.

Proof that Nate walked in the restaurant wearing his costume
Tim and I aren't eating fast food these days but Tim did get to pose with the cow...


And now a little shameless advertising for Chick-fil-a...





Mmmmmmm...
The reviews:

Tim and I didn't eat Chick-fil-a because it was fast food.

Nate will eat anything.  Really.  He's even eaten an entire banana including the peel.

Megan ordered the same thing as her friend and had to run off to a babysitting job and left half her meal sitting on the kitchen counter.  Blossom at the scraps.

Joie ate the entire meal.  She loves anything that isn't green.

Gabby still wants to go to KFC.

They all thought the criss-cross cut waffle fries were pretty cool.

And we did have a lot of free fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Darn it! We've done that before with the kiddies and it's so much fun ... I can't believe we missed it this time!

Esther said...

That's FUNNY! Just one more wonderful thing about summer...when else would you have time for such things?