Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Hope your Halloween was haunted and spooky!  Here are a few highlights of our Hallo-week 2011!

Ready for the jr. high dance (not pictured...Megan)
Jack the Ripper checking facebook after the high school dance.
Pumpkin carving with power tools!
(Kicking myself that I didn't get a picture of Gabby carving a pumpkin...)

I'm amused by the can of dusting spray in the background...
I'm not even going to ask how that was used in pumpkin carving.

And Gabby's school party today:

Pumpkin toss
Choosing prizes with her friend the construction barrel
Mummy wrap game
She makes a cute mummy!

And Halloween night:

Welcome to our haunt!
Cute trick-or-treaters
The dog costume that lasted all of 30 seconds
The candy...
I let them choose 10 pieces then paid them $10.00 each for the rest.
They send the part I bought to Project Rudolph for soldiers.
And thanks to some great neighbors and friends, Gabby enjoyed her Halloween!  (Yes, that means freaking out over Hallween was at a minimum.)

I spent the afternoon with her at school, then she stayed with me to pick up jack-o-lantern pizzas for dinner.  

At 5:00 p.m Gabby said, "I'm just going as myself."  

"That's ok."  I said.  "Costumes are optional."

By 6:00 p.m. when we left to meet neighbors, she was dressed in two costumes because she couldn't decide what to be, so she was a witch/vampire.  At one point during trick-or-treating I had to leave to go drop off Megan and Jeran at a party.  Of course the haunted house happened while I was gone...  From what I hear, Gabby was a little freaked out, but she survived, and about 10 houses later (by the time I met up with them) she was back to normal again.  When we were almost home she said, "It's kind of fun to be scared."  

Progress?

No comments: