Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Red Ribbon Week

Each  year I try to be involved in one major event at my kids' school.  With five children in three schools, that's difficult, but for the past two years I've been in charge of Red Ribbon Week at our elementary school.  It's about this time every Red Ribbon Week I start wondering what in the world I signed up for...and also wondering what it might take to get fired from a volunteer position.  Hmmmmm....

Can you tell I'm in a non-blogging rut?  First I blamed the dog.  Now I'm blaming volunteer opportunities.

But I did want to share a blog post from last year that I wrote for my counseling blog about parent involvement in teaching drug awareness and prevention.  Obviously I feel strongly about intentional parenting.  Period.  

Don't leave it to chance.  

(See here for the article mentioned above.)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have 2 different Red Ribbon Weeks because we're on the track system--our guest speaker made me BAWL!

It terrifies me to think of all the things my kidlets could get caught up in...I'll look at your other blog post for ideas.