Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November Wrap-Up...

I had huge ambitions about finishing the month with a great post about adoption.  It would have been wonderful.  Trust me.

But Tim is out of town (again) and between that, being sick, and Christmas quickly approaching, I'm sure blogging will be intermittent at best through December...

But I couldn't leave November without saying something more about Thanksgiving...and to be honest, there is nothing deep or earth shattering I have to share about gratitude...

And if you don't like looking at our vacation pictures, you don't have to read further.  Mostly, I had my parents on my mind when writing this post.  They were missed at Thanksgiving!

So for Mom and Dad (and anyone else who cares to read on)

It was an incredible weekend!  (Even spite of Joie's stomach flu...)  Isn't this a great picture?  Tim and Joie watching a DVD in the Durango while the rest of us hiked.


And now for the millions of pictures...and I'm sure Becky and Esther have more...


Nate...I believe near Delicate Arch

Megan has packed Sydney around for years...  Now I believe it's Sydney's turn!

Jeran

Joie--the day before the stomach flu
Gabby with the tween gang

Naptime!

The naptime pose was contageous...
And Gabby might have finally found a cousin that matches her energy...

Another breathtaking view
Bored of pictures yet?  Sorry...  There's more.  (I guarantee Grandpa and Grandma are loving it.)

We wanted to find a way to involve the kids in something that drew their attention to the gratitude part of Thanksgiving, and a few days earlier one of my sisters posted on facebook a handprint turkey tablecloth her own children had made over the years.

It actually wasn't difficult to find plastic tablecloths and markers in Moab, even on Thanksgiving day, and we ended up with two tablecloths... 

One for the table:







This was by Bingham...he worked so hard!


Gabby drew a ghost instead of a turkey...right season, wrong holiday.


Then the second tablecloth went on the wall...

We wrote "Gratitude Alphabet" across the top and left the rest to the mind (and wit) of anyone with a marker...  (Hint:  Mom, if you click on the picture, you can see it larger.)




















Yes, I really did just post all those pictures.  

Gratitude is powerful, not just at Thanksgiving, but every day.  There is no room in our hearts for self-pity, pride, anger, boredom, etc. if give thanks.  It was impressive to overhear conversations among our children over the course of the month and with cousins during our Thanksgiving holiday about their own gratitude.  We can learn a lot from them!

Next stop...Christmas!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your posts are starting to look like mine a lot of pictures...It is ok to experience the dark side every now and again! However under the "b" BSU or Boise was not represented! Just saying! Looks like you all had a blast! I wish I could have been there!

momto8 said...

Great pictures! your family looks beautiful.