Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunlight!

Those of us who live in northern climates know how long winters can get.  Even mild winters like this one (at least here in Utah) can get dark and hazy.  It seems like no matter how bitterly cold days can get, sunshine always feels sooooooo good!

And it's good for you...something I tell the kids all the time.  I tell them to watch the dogs, who instinctively know what is good for them.  Our house is south facing, and in the winter months, the dogs will find a patch of sunlight in the living room, or in the yard, and just lay there.

Today Gabby is sick with the cold that has seemed to plague our family for weeks now.  (Why is it everyone can't just get sick at once?)  She keeps asking me how to feel better and is faithfully drinking honey lemon water and finding healthy food to eat so she can get over her cold.

After everyone else had gone to church, I was cleaning up a little in the kitchen and walked in the living room to find Gabby stretched out on the couch.  The dogs were stretched out in their own patch of sunshine on the floor.  Thinking she might be bored, I asked what she was doing, and almost before I could get the question out she said, "I'm laying in the sunshine with the dogs."  

I love this girl!

Have you had your Vitamin D today?

1 comment:

Susieq said...

She is quite the girl. I think she's an old soul in a young body.