But back to the rules of birthday restaurant behavior if you're hanging out with me...
Rule #1: Don't tell the server it's my birthday. Rule #2: Don't tell the server it's my birthday. Rule #3: If you break Rule #1 or Rule #2 you won't be with me at my next restaurant birthday celebration.
In a nutshell: strangers singing to me and strangers looking at me while my face turns 5 shades of purple and red = extreme discomfort.
Anyone else with me?
But tonight wasn't my night to sit in comfort. I've been saying I want to get out of my comfort zone more, and tonight as our server approached the table, my 13 year old looked at me and rattled off some kind of diving board analogy, and all I really heard was, "...and sometimes you get pushed off the high dive."
Five minutes later a small group of servers was at our table with my
Push!
(Huge splash!)
And I shared my bravery treat with everyone.
How's that for risk taking?
(I know...I'm a baby stepper.)

2 comments:
Well maybe next year you will let us put candles on your cake....and well around strangers or not sometimes you deserve to be the center of attention! Your kids know how awesome you are and they feel the same way!
ha ha that's cute :) what good kids ;) sometimes we all need a little push!
Post a Comment