Nate finished his soccer season...and he drives, a lot. I have to add that he drives mostly with Tim, because apparently I have PTSD after the whole garage door incident...
I always pictured myself as calm, cool, and collected teaching my kids to drive, but I'm struggling with this one. He's a good driver (in spite of how the garage door looks), and I did drive with him the first time he drove on the freeway (from Snowville, Utah across the Utah/Idaho border to Juniper, Idaho.)
| (Photos by Megan...from the back seat) |
...So I'm not exactly sure how I went from ok to scared about his driving. For now I'm just ok letting Tim do it, but today I went along for the ride...
Baby steps for mom...or back hand springs, which ever comes first. (See here for more about back hand springs.)
He'll be 16 in 10 days... And to the adorable girls who keep texting him: I'm that kind of parent who does random text checks, so "hey baby," and "morning hon" don't escape my eyes. (I know, I know... He's growing up...)
And Megan...star keeper of the Gladiators, musical genius, and friend extraordinaire... Would it surprise you to hear that sweet Megan has perfected the art of eye rolling and irritated sigh when asked to do anything out of the above 3 preferred categories? (Truth: She's an amazing kid. Amazing! ...More on her later, I'm sure because she's got some big games coming as well as a spring concert.
Jeran just finished a school play (Twinderella). He rocks as an actor...really puts his heart into it. He even sang his solo (a few keys higher than planned because he's fighting the teen voice change). He also recently cleaned the bathroom without being asked (it happened right after he heard that one of Megan's friends was spending the night while her mom was out of town). Hmmmmm..... I'm keeping that in mind for future motivation.
| Bad photo...great play |
And my cute, cute Gabby girl! She rocks at soccer. You should see her kick...and she scored 3 goals in the last game (which at our house means 3 days without having to do jobs...we may be re-thinking that motivator). It's amazing to see her so new to the game and really starting to get it. She was good last year, but she's lost her fear and can really go for it this year. I love her games. And I love her heart even more. She's a friend to all. She thinks of the most amazing things, and loves to help others. Oh, and her iTouch broke. The screen cracked. (Sniff, sniff, cheer!) Did I really just say that? Just kidding, Gabby! And did you know she's also a make-up artist?
![]() |
| Make-up courtesy of Gabby |
And remember earlier this month when I said I'd say more about the time the kids got to spend in Idaho with grandparents while Tim and I were in Oklahoma? At this point that just isn't going to happen, but here's a link to my mom's blog for that week with some pictures. (See here.)
Told you it happens fast. Anyone have a slow motion button?


No comments:
Post a Comment