Saturday, December 29, 2007

Busy day!

It's late on December 29, 2007. My day started at 4:30 a.m. when I got up to drive to Ogden to meet Becky and Larry on thier way to Penrose, Colorado, where my other sister, Esther, and her husband, Phil and their 4 children are moving this week. My dad and youngest brother, Mike are also there helping. When I got home I was tired and slept until around 9:00 a.m., which is probably why I'm not sleeping right now. We've done a lot around the house this week--taking down Christmas, cleaning, organizing, etc. Tonight the kids were tired from a sleep-over they had with cousins (Ben, Sam and Jessie) earlier this week. Needless to say, bedtime was ugly. It breaks my heart to see my kids go through the adjustments our family is going through right now. Death is tuff to experience, even for adults, and here they are, not only experiencing death, but also experiencing huge adjustments in our family with the addition of DJ. For me, the loss has been tuff, but watching them experience this change and loss is the most difficult thing I've had to experience as a mother. I pray for them and know we're all doing the best we can. We hope for a better day tomorrow, and a year of healing in 2008.

No comments: