Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cake Anyone?




I like carrot cake.  I have carrot cake every year for my birthday.

But for whatever reason, this year I was craving Costco cake.

And yes, both of the above selections contain refined sugar.  

(Shhhhhh....It's my birthday.)

But Costco cake isn't quite what I remember...

And because it's a Costco cake there was a lot left over!

Cake, anyone?

Still, a fun day celebrating with my family...

And the photos are goofy...  

But not boring.



Lucill Ball said, "The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age."

Today I did all three.  Actually Gabby lied about my age.  I just let her.  

(She said I was 29.)

Then later she learned my real age, and well...

It's not 29.

If there were more hours in the day I would have gone sledding.  

Really.

Because when I was younger I used to wish for snow on my birthday so when my friends came over we could go sledding.

But I shoveled snow instead.

And ate cake (loaded with refined sugar).

1 comment:

Esther said...

Happy Birthday! I don't even know where yesterday went, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Cake and all.