Depression is a potentially life threatening disorder.
Some people die of heart failure.
Some people die of cancer.
Some people die of depression.
A year ago tomorrow, a kind, loving, generous spirit lost the depression battle. She was an incredible mother who thought the world of her children and family, and taught me a lot about being a mother through her own responses to her children and family.
She raised one of the most amazing girls we know, who wins the title of our very, very favorite babysitter of all time. When Megan started babysitting, we talked about her favorite babysitters and who she wanted to be like when she babysat. She chose Lela.
I still think about my friend often, and all the lives she touched. She is missed by so many, and this week my thoughts are once again with her and her family.
A year ago I wrote about her death.
So once again: "Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes."
I pray she has found peace.
1 comment:
Oh, Mary. My first visit to you blog and I felt a pang of missing the departed loved ones. :( No, don't get me wrong. You're on track because you reminded me of how long it's been since I talked to my Pop. Such events humble me and keep me grounded; and it's like talking to myself to evaluate where I'm at, where I'm going, etc. After my father died when I was only 7, this activity was my company, and for the most part until I was a mother, it kept me sane. Later on, I realized it was my kind of depression-and-overcoming-depression activity all rolled into one. Up until today, close to 30 years later, I still do that "talk to Pop" routine, but on a more positive note. Usually, it's about telling my father, wherever he is, that his little daughter is living well and loving life. :)
As for you, I know it's kinda difficult recalling how people went on to another cosmo. But I know, you're stronger than you think... and you can take lessons from that "missing you" episodes and become a more grateful, happier person.
I hope to have shared something nice with you. Would love conversations with you! Hmmm... virtual coffee, maybe?
Post a Comment