As of yesterday school is out...and I started a blog post about that yesterday but took the kids to a late night movie to celebrate the end of the school year instead of finishing the post. ...Soon.
But first...
Happy Birthday Tim!
Today he turns... Well, let's just say he'll always be older than I am.
He's in some kind of anti-birthday mood this year so he asked for nothing more than a hot dog cook out for his birthday. He's eating healthy these days so he didn't eat the hot dogs, and just to balance things out I made some very healthy smoothies to go with the hot dogs.
But no cake.
Instead of cake we did this:
Honestly, I don't know which is worse for you...hot dogs or cake. But if you don't eat it, I guess it doesn't matter either way.
Happy Birthday!
(And because we just can't resist dragging out these celebrations as long as possible, we'll celebrate again tomorrow when a niece and nephew come hang out with us for the weekend. Just because we can.)
2 comments:
Here I am at work on the afternon of my birthday. I wish I was home playing with the kids instead. I had a wonderful day. I spent 4 hours with my sons cleaning the garage/woodshop, that has not seen a broom for over 18 months, and cleaning the storage shed that has been negleted for years. I am so blessed to have children that are willing to work. I know they don't enjoy it, I enjoy the opportunity it give us to be together.
Now for the reason the request for a non-birthday. The Jarman birthday season starts on March 8th with Mary and by the end of August we have had 7. So I thought this year I would like to take a break.
I have spent the last few hours reading the bolgs from the last several years. Yes, I admit, I don't read them every week. After reading them, my memory was flooded with thousands of wonderful memories. Most of all I am so greatful to Mary for taking the time to capture the momment.
My wife/best friend is so wonderfull. She is the best thing that ever happened to me. I can't wait to get home tonight and give her a hug.
P.S. Will someone please provide a spell checker for the comment page!
Mary, your hubs is ADORABLE!!!
Post a Comment